1. It can be used as analytical reagent, such as liquid B, which can be used in biology to prepare Fehling reagent for identifying reducing sugar and biuret reagent for identifying protein, but it is usually prepared and used now;
2. It can be used as food grade chelating agent and clarifier in the production of preserved egg and wine;
3. Industrial sector. It is used to manufacture other copper salts such as cuprous chloride, copper chloride, copper pyrophosphate, cuprous oxide, copper acetate, copper carbonate, copper monoazo dyes such as reactive brilliant blue, reactive violet, etc.; it is used in the coating industry for the production of antifouling paint for ship bottom; the electroplating industry is used as the main salt and copper ion additive of acid copper plating; the printing and dyeing industry is used as the oxidant of mordant and fine dyeing cloth; the organic industry is used for synthesis Catalyst for perfume and dye intermediates, polymerization inhibitor for methyl methacrylate. Anhydrous salt is used to catalyze transacetal reaction. Anhydrous salt reacts with potassium permanganate to form an oxidant for the conversion of primary alcohols.
In agriculture, Bordeaux liquid is produced after mixing with lime water, which is used as fungicide to control fungi on crops and prevent fruit from rotting. As copper ion is toxic to fish, the dosage must be strictly controlled. The aquaculture industry is also used as the main raw material of feed additive trace element copper;
4. Dehydrating agent for alcohols and organic compounds. Gas desiccant.
5. Chemical education, copper sulfate is usually included in children's chemical experiment reagent, for crystal formation test and copper plating experiment. Because of its toxicity, it is not recommended for young children. Copper sulfate can also be used to demonstrate the process of crystal water loss weathering and crystal water generation. In the junior high school experiment examination, the law of conservation of mass was verified by the substitution reaction of copper sulfate and iron. Sulfuric acid can also be prepared.
6. It is used as emetic in medical field.